Want to contribute?
You have something to share with the developer world and we have the means — the Qlik Branch Blog. This is the hub for our squad of developers to share trends and news. We use the Medium platform, a site that welcomes stories from a variety of perspectives and is all about quality ideas and connections.
So, let’s get started. The following steps will walk you through the process to contribute. It’s easy, we promise.
- Go to Medium.com and click "Sign In / Sign Up" in the upper right corner.
- Choose the sign-up option that fits you best: Twitter, Facebook, Google or email.
- Follow the prompts to complete your profile (avatar, bio, etc.).
- Email Ana or Tracy your Medium handle and they will add you as a writer for the publication.
- Click your avatar in the upper right-hand corner of the Medium homepage.
- Select "New Story" to begin writing (note: writing only available on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge and Medium iOS / Android apps).
- Add a title and begin writing. Our readers tend to engage more when stories are no more than 400 words — or a quick 3-4 minute read.
- Stories are accentuated with stimulating imagery. To achieve this, click the "+" and the following four options will become accessible: image, video, embed and separator (note: Medium supports the following third-party sites: YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Kickstarter, Sound Cloud, Insta, Rd.io and GitHub gists).
- When you start writing, your story is automatically saved as a draft.
- Are you in draft mode and want us (or someone else) to take a look? You have two options...
- Click "..." icon (next to Publish) > "Add to publication" > choose from list (note: only those for which you are an editor or writer will appear). This creates a shared story between the publication (us) and the author (you). Either can make edits and publish.
- Click "Share" (next to Publish) and copy and send the link to anyone (even those without a Medium account). If a reader has a Medium account, they’ll be able to highlight and right click to leave private notes for you. Only you as the author can then view any notes, edit and publish the story.
- Now it’s time to submit to Qlik Branch! This part is super easy. If you haven’t done so already, staying in draft mode, click "..." icon (next to Publish) > "Add to publication" > choose Qlik Branch from list.
- What now? The Qlik Branch team will receive a notification of your story submission and will be able to review and edit your piece (mostly checking for grammar and optimizing the post with featured and linked imagery). From there, we will publish the story according to our editorial calendar.
- Stories included on the Qlik Branch publication are branded with our name, logo and URL. They are always equally accessible on the profile page of the writer. You as the writer are always credited and retain all rights to your content.
- Stories in the Qlik Branch publication are distributed in the Medium feeds and digests of our followers and your followers. Yay crossover audiences!
- Stories can only live in one publication at a time. As a writer, you’re free to remove your stories from any publication at any time.
- Additional information can be found at the Medium Help Center.
That’s it! We look forward to seeing your stories and really appreciate you lending your talents and insights to the Qlik Branch Blog.